“Oh goodness, give yourself some grace.”
That’s what I said to a client the other day. She was denigrating herself for eating a piece of cake when she went out to dinner.
One piece of cake…that’s it. Boy, you should have heard how badly she felt.
Why? Because she believed the only way to lose weight is to implement a punitive system that is lacking fun, joy, and sweetness.
Life is too precious to feel badly about eating one piece of cake.
Breaking the cycle of thinking that there are good foods and bad foods takes a little work.
The #1 tool I use to help my clients break that cycle is a tracker.
It is a powerful tool that gives insight into all aspects of their life. You see, losing weight isn’t about a “restrictive diet”. It’s about changing lifestyle routines.
My tracker doesn’t track calories, fats, micro or macro nutrients. It tracks routines and that’s why it is so powerful.
I want to share this tool with you. But before you download it, there are a few questions you might want to ask yourself to help you determine if this is the right time for you to change routines.
- Am I realistic about the time it might take to make changes?
- Am I willing to look at past disappointments in weight loss and implement new routines, so I don’t repeat them?
- Will I take time to record my daily routines?
- Have I resolved any eating disorders or other emotional issues that make it difficult for me to achieve a healthy weight?
- Do I believe I can live at healthy weight and still enjoy every minute of life?
- Am I ready for a permanent change?
If you answered no to any of the questions, you may not be ready. And that’s OK. Knowing you’re not ready is better than repeating the past.
If you answered yes to all the questions, then you are ready and you can download the tool here.
Once you start using the tool, drop me an email and let me know how things are going.