So what are you looking for here?
That’s not a pickup line from an online dating site. It’s what I asked Jody during our initial conversation.
“I had crazy night sweats, hot flashes, insomnia, headaches, mood swings, and stomach bloat. My doctor told me it was normal for my age. I walked out of the office thinking bullsh**! Then I saw one of your Instagram posts about hot flashes being a message. So I direct messaged you.”
As Jody and I started working together and we moved into the “change the way you think” aspect of my program, she said: “I’m very uncomfortable with this. I get anxious when my stress subsides. So much so that when I start to feel calm, I seek stress out.”
Wow…what an incredible revelation for her. And you know what, it’s not so uncommon.
Here are some of the things she was doing to maintain that pumped up feeling:
- She constantly packed her schedule, so she never had any free time.
- She always felt like she had to get ahead in life.
- She equated lack of sleep, an 80-hour work week and never having any free time as feeling accomplished.
- She was unable to deal with the experience of being a little bored.
- She kept going on and off the same diet program over and over again.
So what did we do? Well that’s for our next email.
But before you close this email, I’d like your thoughts. Can you relate to any of the things Jody was doing? If so, it would be helpful to me if you’d reply to this email and let me know which ones.
P.S. If you’d like to discover how to take control of your weight loss and workout efforts, I’m giving a FREE master class with Maureen Bellmay, Tuesday, June 21 @ 7:00 PM. You can find out more here: https://healthymethodsbypatti.com/masterclass/
BTW…if any of your friends might find this interesting, please share the link 😊.