I was talking to a potential new client the other day and she said, “I don’t know what I dislike more, feeling fat and bloated or hot and bothered.”
Can you relate?
Learning how to cool the jets on your menopause symptoms can go a long way toward enjoying this season in life.
Making a few simple healthy swaps in the food you choose can help a bunch.
Here’s what I mean:
- What if you were to choose baked, broiled, or grilled meats rather than anything fried? You might even surprise yourself and find baked, broiled or grilled meat tastes better than fried.
- Are you someone who loves a crunchy snack? Try a handful of nuts instead of chips. Nuts give you blood sugar balancing fiber as well as some protein and fat. They are a dense source of calories so a little goes a long way. You might want to measure our single sized servings to keep in your pantry for easy access.
- If you prefer sweetness over salty crunchy, choose ripe fruit when you want something sweet. Fruit has both sweetness and fiber to help you feel more satisfied. Pair it with the nuts and now you have a blood sugar balancing salty/sweet snack.
- I have a friend who said, “everything’s better with mayo”. If you love mayonnaise but know it’s not all that healthy, mash up ¼ of an avocado in place of a tablespoon of mayo. Avocados are full of nutrition.
- Then there’s water. If you are trying to up your H2O intake, try infusing it with lemon, cucumber or mint.
- When it comes to cooling the jets on your hormones, a few small steps everyday can achieve big results.
If you think you’re ready for things to be different, maybe it’s time for a gentle but effective whole foods detox?
I’m running a 5-day detox that is full of easy to prepare regular food. And it’s designed for the busy woman who wants to get rid of bloat, extra weight, crankiness and more.
I’ll be answering questions in a FREE Q&A. Click here to learn how eating whole foods can help you feel better.