15 minutes Cooking Time: 18 minutes Yields: 12 people
1 – 19 oz can organic black beans (about 2 cups), rinsed well
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup honey
7 tbsp coconut oil (or butter)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In a blender, combine black beans, 3 eggs, vanilla, salt, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. Blend until there are absolutely no lumps.
- In a bowl, whip until smooth, by hand or with electric beater, honey and coconut oil. Add 2 eggs and whip until smooth.
- Pour honey mixture into blender with bean mixture and blend until incorporated. At this point, the batter should look glossy and smooth and very much like any traditional chocolate cake batter.
- Pour batter into cupcake tin to 2/3 full. Thump tin on the counter to smooth batter and dissipate air bubbles.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Sprinkle cupcakes with a mixture of 1/4 cup powdered sugar with 1/4 cup cocoa powder or frost with the following recipe.
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tbs coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp almond milk or any type of milk
For frosting put all the ingredients in the food processor until smooth. Put the food processor in the refrigerator for 5 minutes and then spoon a dollop of frosting on top of each cupcake. Place cupcakes in the refrigerator for another 5 minutes and then ENJOY!