Chicken Wings in Curry Sauce
- 2 lbs. chicken wings patted dry
- 1 large roasted red pepper
- ½ can drained tomatoes save the juice
- 3 peeled cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 fresh red chili seeds removed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- S&P to taste
- 1 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. coriander seeds
- ½ tsp. fennel seeds
- Put the red pepper flakes, cumin seeds, coriander seeds and fennel seeds in a sauté pan and toast light over low heat. Be careful not to burn them.
- Put everything into a high-speed blender and process until smooth. If you prefer thinner sauce, add juice from the tomatoes.
- Place the wings and ½ the sauce in a bowl with a cover. Shake to coat the chicken. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450
- Place wings on a roasting rack. Put on the top rack in the over and cook for 30-45 minutes.
- Warm remaining sauce and use for dipping the wings.
Curry Sauce recipe derived from Chef Margaret Jacobs of The Wisdom House