Creamy Salmon Stew
Active time: 30 minutes Total time: 30 minutes Servings: 2
- 4 salmon fillets skin off (or any white
- Salt and pepper to season
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cloves garlic finely diced
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine optional
- 5 ounces jarred sun-dried tomato strips
- in oil drained of oil
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 cups baby spinach leaves
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the salmon filets (or fish if using) on both sides
- with salt and pepper, and sear in the hot pan, flesh-side
- down first, for 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to
- your liking. Once cooked, remove from the pan and set
- Melt the butter in the remaining juices leftover in the
- pan. Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant (about one
- Sauté the onion in the butter.
- Pour in the white wine (if using) and allow to reduce
- down slightly.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and cook for 1-2 minutes to
- release their flavors.
- Reduce heat to low heat, add the coconut milk and bring
- to a gentle simmer, while stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add in the spinach leaves and allow to wilt in the sauce.
- Add the salmon back into the pan and spoon sauce over each fillet.