Mashed banana keeps these Banana Flax Muffins soft, sweet, and moist without using a ton of added sugar or oil.
- 2 large ripe bananas mashed
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup shelled hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. In a medium bowl whisk together the mashed banana, egg, vanilla, and olive oil.
- In a separate medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, flaxseed, hempseed and walnuts.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir them together just until no dry flour remains on the bottom of the bowl. Avoid over stirring the batter.
- Line six wells of a muffin tin with paper liners, then divide the batter evenly between the six wells. It should fill the wells almost to the top.
- Transfer the muffins to the oven and bake at 425ºF for 20-25 minutes.
- After baking, remove the muffins from the tin to allow them to cool. Enjoy the muffins immediately or allow them to cool completely and then store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
One serving = 2 muffins