Sweet Potato and Brussels Sprout Hash and Eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion shredded
- 2 garlic cloves shredded
- 4-5 cups shredded Brussels sprouts or cabbage
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 large eggs
- Heat 3 tbs. butter in a large cast iron skillet over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook stirring occasionally, until it is softened. Add the Brussels sprouts and cook, stirring occasionally, until they have softened and have browned on the edges, about 3-5 minutes. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Then make four holes in the hash. Add a little bit of remaining butter and 1 tbs. water to each hole. Crack an egg into each hole. Place a cover over the eggs and steam cook them until the whites are cooked through.
- If you like hot sauce drizzle and enjoy.
- Makes 4 servings
- Serving size: about 2/3 cup hash and 1 egg