Brussels sprouts salad with apple and pomegranate
- For the salad
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup apple
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled or cubed
- 1/2 cup nuts I like pecans or walnuts roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup bacon cooked and crumbled
- For the dressing
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and cut the ends off the Brussels sprouts.
- Cut the apple in quarters and core.
- Using a food processor, shred the Brussels sprouts and apple.
- Place the shredded Brussels sprouts and apple in a bowl along with the feta cheese, pecans, pomegranate arils and bacon.
- Place the onion powder, olive oil, red wine vinegar, mustard, and salt and pepper in a jar. Shake to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss to combine, then serve.