This recipe was shared on Facebook by a friend and I tried it. Since I LOVE chocolate so much I changed it up a bit and used my plant-based chocolate Complete protein powder. Oh my….are these yummy!
I don’t know about you but I am always trying to find ways to get more nutrients from fruits and veggies. By using a plant-based protein powder you not only get lots of protein but you also get lots of fruits and vegetable nutrients.
Adapted from Jenny Sugar, POPSUGAR Fitness
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup raw cashews
1 serving plant-based chocolate protein powder
4 pitted dates
2 tablspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
pinch of teaspoon salt
1/2 ripe banana
1/4 cup freeze-dried raspberries
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the oats, cashews, protein powder, dates, cocoa powder, and salt in a food processor, and blend until everything is a smooth, floury consistency.
- Add the banana, and blend until a thick, slightly sticky dough forms.
- Roll out 12 balls, and place them on the parchment paper.
- Pulse the freeze-dried raspberries in a food processor.
- Roll each ball in the raspberry powder, and return to the cookie sheet.
- Store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to a week.