- 1 T oil
- 2 large boxes of baby spinach
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- 1/4 cup water
- pinch nutmeg (optional)
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- pepper, to taste
- Pulse cashews and water in a food processor or blender until smooth. Add nutmeg.
- Add oil to a large pan. Sauté onions until translucent.
- Add in garlic and sauté for 1 more minute
- Add in spinach in batches and sauté until wilted.
- Stir in cashew cream until creaminess level desired (you may not use all of it) and top with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm.
Note: I like to use a little less water with my cashew cream so it is nice and thick. That way if I have any leftover I can use it as a topping for a dessert.