Start by making the sauce.
- 5 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons smooth natural peanut butter (or Tahini)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons organic Tamari
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled ginger
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
Whisk everything together in a small bowl or jar.
Now cook the protein and veggies.
- 1 lb. boneless chicken thighs cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons oil (something that can handle high heat)
- 4 cups baby spinach or cut up bunch of broccoli
- 1 ½ cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- Sprinkle of red pepper flakes (optional)
Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over high heat. Add chicken (or tofu) and cook until golden brown on the bottom then stir and continue cooking until all sides are golden brown. Add mushrooms and cook until done. Add spinach (or broccoli) and cook until spinach is wilted (or broccoli is cooked as desired). Add in scallions and stir for about 1 minute. Stir in peanut sauce and cook until sauce is warmed through. Sprinkle in red pepper flakes.