Turkey Squash Fritters Topped with Mushrooms
- 2 large yellow squash
- 1 pound mushroom
- 1 lemon optional
- 1/2 pound cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- HOW TO PREPARE
- Preheat oven 425
- Using a food processor, grate squash. If you don't have a food processor, a box grater will work. Slice mushrooms and cut lemon into wedges.
- In a bowl, mix turkey, grated squash, flour, salt, garlic, rosemary and 1/3 of the oil. Use hands to combine thoroughly.
- To form fritters, roll a portion of turkey mixture into a ball and flatten into a patty. There will be 2 fritters per serving.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Rub remaining oil on each side of the fritter and place on baking sheet. Bake for 3-5 minutes per side, until browned and cooked through.
- While fritters a cooking add more oil to a skillet. Place sliced mushrooms in skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until they are browned. Salt to taste.
- To serve, place 2 fritters on each plate and top with mushrooms. Squeeze lemon over fritters just before serving, if desired.