- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scallions chopped
- ½ red pepper chopped
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen kale or spinach
- 4 medium sized white or sweet potatoes, pre-cooked with skins and roughly chopped
- 12 eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- ½ cup pecorino Romano cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-low heat. Add onion, garlic and pepper. Cook until slightly browned.
- Add water and greens and cover to cook down. Squeeze out liquid. (I flatten with a spatula and drain right from the pan.)
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse to create a uniform but still chunky texture.
- Scoop into an well oiled or buttered muffin pan.
- These can be eaten cold or reheated in the toaster oven.
This should make 12 large breakfast muffins. I always cook extra potatoes when I’m making dinner another night, then refrigerate until I’m ready to them in other recipes.
Protein | Carbohydrate | Fat | Veggies