Roasted Beets and Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 ½- pounds beets
- 1 ½- pounds Brussels sprouts 5 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ¼- teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½- tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Arrange slices of bacon on a lipped baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 20 minutes in the oven until crispy. When done, remove bacon with tongs and set aside on a plate.
- Peel and cube the beets.
- Remove outer leaves of Brussels sprouts and quarter.
- Mince the garlic.
- Add in the beets, Brussels sprouts and garlic to the bacon fat and gently combine to coat veggies.
- Sprinkle with dried thyme, salt, and pepper.
- The veggies should be in a single layer - not touching the sided of the baking sheet. If necessary, prepare in batches.
- Roast for about 45 minutes until everything has caramelized slightly.
- Transfer beets and Brussels sprouts to a large bowl. Crumble the cooled bacon and add it to the veggies.
- Toss with balsamic vinegar to taste and serve.